Corporate Information, Brief history
Semiconductor materials business
To produce the world’s LCD-TVs (liquid-crystal-display TVs) and other unique products
Global market share: 70%
Sanitation inspection equipment business
The top sanitation inspection equipment maker producing both petri dishes and culture medium
The No. 1 domestic producer of petri dishes by volume.
The world’s leading PIM maker of consistent materials, molds, injection molding, and sintering furnaces.
There are very few PIM makers that make both MIM (Metal Injection Molding) and CIM (Cera… Injection Molding).
|Trade name||atect Corp.|
|Foundation||October 10, 1959|
|Establishment||April 23, 1969|
|Head office location||3275-1, Kami-haneda-cho, Higashi-omi City, Shiga Pref.
|Related companies||atect Korea Corp.
atect Engineering Corp.
|Senior Managing Director||Keiichi Kagawa|
|Number of employees||Non-consolidated: 55 , consolidated: 101 
(As of March 31, 2018)
*Number of full-time employees; part-time and temporary workers are indicated in brackets [ ].
Sumitomo Mitsui Bank
Shoko Chukin Bank
Japan Finance Corporation
The company’s predecessor made buttons for clothes, I-type submarines, and insulator parts for thermosetting resins on train cars before World War II.
In October 1959, it began manufacturing as the Dainichi Kasei industrial factory. It started making a wide range of objects including a plastic mold business, cocks for gas appliances, cosmetics containers, and cam designs for sewing machines. To improve accuracy, we began to make molds in house.
After that, it expanded into plastic film speaker vibration plates. On April 23, 1969, it incorporated as Dainichi Kasei Corp.
- April, 1969
- Establishment of Dainichi Kasei Corp.
- April, 1990
- Began manufacturing spacer tape.
- March, 1994
- Began manufacturing petri dishes.
- May, 1996
- The petri dish division split off as Full-Steri Corp. and made a new factory.
- Began selling agar petri dishes and kits.
- May, 2003
- Newly integrated the headquarters, factory and warehouse. Name was changed to atect Corp.
- March, 2004
- Acquired ISO9001 certification.
- June, 2006
- Acquired ISO14001 certification.
- June, 2006
- Listed shares on JASDAQ.
- October, 2006
- Established atect Korea Corp.
- Started Powder Injection Mold (PIM) business.
- January, 2010
- Established atect Progressive and Innovative Manufacturing Corp.
- September, 2010
- Established 上海昂統快泰商貿有限公司 in Shanghai.
- October, 2016
- atect Progressive and Innovative Manufacturing Corp. changed its name to atect Engineering Corp.
- April, 2017
- The headquarters was moved to Higashi-omi City, Shiga Prefecture.